Sunday, August 19, 2007

Don't make me go

I spent most of yesterday in my apartment, because I'm exciting like that. I eventually got bored and decided to go check out the air show because it was free and I just had to put on pants and walk to the end of my block to see it. So that's what I did. It was actually pretty cool. The jets did roll over thingies and then went straight up into the air and then straight back down. I'm pretty sure those pilots are the biggest adrenaline junkies ever. I know if I even got up the courage to get in one of those things, I'd probably just spend the entire ride puking all over the plane and crying for my mom.

I tried to take a picture, but as predicted, my cell phone camera didn't do a great job.

See, I even circled the plane for you, although that could also very well be a seagull. (note: I didn't realize there were seagulls here until yesterday, because there isn't a sea. I think they're confused, or whoever named them was an idiot). I tried to use my nonexistent computer skills to zoom in on the plane, but I don't have Photoshop. This is the result from Paint.

Well, at least you can tell that's definitely not a seagull. The whole airshow thing actually lasted a grand total of five minutes for me. I caught the end of this show, and then it immediately started raining, so I went back home. The weather here has been super crappy, but it's very Bay Area-like so I've been enjoying it. It's like April weather, where it's foggy and raining lightly but not cold anymore. I went running last night after the rain broke for a bit, and it was about 65-70 degrees. For some reason I was the only person in a tank top and shorts. Everybody else had windbreakers or some sort of jacket on but the weather was perfect. Yeah, I felt pretty good.

It doesn't look like the rain is going to stop though, which makes me confused. It's August. It's supposed to be summer's last hurrah with lots of heat and sun. Instead it looks like this:

If you'll recall, this is what the Hancock building looks like from my apartment:

Yeah, that's a hell of a lot of fog and clouds. Oh and rain, lots of stupid, wet rain.

I also start orientation tomorrow at 8am. And just so you know, I'm not that excited. For one thing it's at 8am, which means I won't be getting my 10-11 hours of sleep. That is, unless I go to sleep by 9pm tonight, which seems unlikely. For another thing, it's raining and they're making us do a scavenger hunt tomorrow. In the rain. It also means that my year of fun and freedom is over. I'm going to be tied to my career for the rest of my life. That blows. Quite hard. I've also been having fun with my new imaginary friends, so it's not like I need to make new real friends. I mean the logic's all there. Don't make me goooooooooo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am soooo envious of you! I want to start med school! :( Oh, and f*ck new friends. Be my friend!! Man, I am loving the exclamation point right now.

Camellia said...

last time i checked, i was your friend. . .unless there's something i don't know about. also i would like to start med school as well, but apparently we must orient ourselves for some stupid reason.